Etre for Vernon and Rockville 2010

Etre for Vernon and Rockville 2010

I have decided to run for the 56th Assembly District

I am running for the 56th Assembly District here in Connecticut because it is the right and necessary thing to do. More than ever, our District needs a leader that can work for the people of our communities to develop relationships that allow us to move toward a new goal; one that leads to opportunity and prosperity. I am the candidate to build that bridge.







For the past 30 years, I have proven myself an effective agent of change. I feel that I am able to make a profound impact on the issues that matter to the people of Connecticut. I have worked tirelessly on housing reform, environmental policies, and fiscal responsibility.







My passion for public service comes from modest beginnings. I was raised by my mother and grandmother, both women of strength who did not know the meaning of failure. They taught me leadership and I owe everything that I have achieved to them. These life lessons form the foundation on which I will build the 56th District into a model for the future. I was taught to have faith in something greater than myself, to work hard and believe in the possibilities that life had to offer. With a good education and a vision for the future I know that I can achieve whatever I set out to do.







I am ready to prove that I am the leader to achieve this task. My leadership is rooted in a deep love for people—all people; that individual success means little to me if hope and good quality of life is not obtainable for all. I pledge to you a government that will balance budgets and restore Connecticut to a place where our children and grandchildren can afford to live and have job opportunities.







I am, therefore, asking for your support to help me build these bridges to a better life for the people in our neighborhoods, schools, and senior centers. Help me to achieve the vision I have for our District. It is time to restore employment opportunities; to make our towns alive with confident people who can afford to live the American dream. I know that I cannot wait on the sidelines and only wish for the change that will benefit all in our community. I must step forward and serve, but I need you to help.



Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Memorial Day Parade Mark Etre Marches with Mayor McCoy and Bill McGuirk President of Rockville Bank


No comments:

Post a Comment